Theological resources for fighting the anti-gay Christians
1) From the Episcopal Church, "Doing the Theology":
- Claiming the Blessing
- To Set our Hopes on Christ
- Same sex relationships in the life of the church
- Holiness in relationships
- Marriage and Blessings, an informative series from St. Paul's Memorial Episcopal Church in Charlottesville, Virginia
- Don't Blame it on the Bible By Obery M. Hendricks, Jr. "A brief primer on what progressives need to know about what the Bible says -- and does not say -- about homosexuality."
- What the Bible says, and doesn't say, about same sex relationships (From Soulforce)
- Clobbering the "Biblical" Gay Bashing
- What the Bible REALLY says about marriage
- The Rev. Peter Gomes: Re-read your bible
- From Bishop Gene Robinson: What the Bible says: reading the texts of terror
4) The workbook, Reconciling Journey: a devotional workbook for gay Christians
5) Journey towards acceptance: theologians and same sex love (PDF) by Savitri Hensman is an overview of theological discussion and debate from the last 60 years.
6) God Believes in Love: Straight talk about gay marriage , book by Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson
7) God and the Gay Christian book by Evangelical Matthew Vines. Also see his Video, The Bible and Homosexuality.
Testimony from gay Christians.
- From Mel White, the autobiography "Stranger at the Gate: To Be Gay & Christian in America"
- From Bishop Gene Robinson: In the Eye of the Storm: Swept to the Center by God
Lots more resources on this Daily Kos diary from 2008
Also see the series of posts here on Voices of Faith Speak Out
This is not the main page! To return to the blog, click here